Monday, December 1, 2008

The Gospel For Today

Matthew 8: 5 - 11
5
As he entered Caper'na-um, a centurion came forward to him, beseeching him
6
and saying, "Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, in terrible distress."
7
And he said to him, "I will come and heal him."
8
But the centurion answered him, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only say the word, and my servant will be healed.
9
For I am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, `Go,' and he goes, and to another, `Come,' and he comes, and to my slave, `Do this,' and he does it."
10
When Jesus heard him, he marveled, and said to those who followed him, "Truly, I say to you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.
11
I tell you, many will come from east and west and sit at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven,

No comments: